Editor’s note: we invite you to Kim Chandler McDonald’s weekly interactive forum — to read and collect your comments on “An Innovator has an Obligation to…” We hope you’ll join the conversation!
Week 02 theme is “Create”
If, as George Carlin said, “An artist has an obligation to be en route”
Please complete this sentence: An innovator has an obligation to…
– mobilize the ecosystem and create surplus for all! – Sudhir Desai, Award Co-Chair 2014 at MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
– create a culture of optimism!– Jennifer Lewis, Recruitment Advertising Account Executive at Chicago Sun-Times, Published Author and Freelance Writer
– create value through it. – Utpal Vaishnav, Co-Founder at Space-O Digicom
– care for his/her family and create the kind of environment that stimulates curiosity so that his/her children will search for the truth wherever it leads. In so doing they will surely innovate because obsessive curiosity is the true mother of discovery and invention. – Walter Paget, Technology Product and Technical Strategies Consultant
– develop solutions that create value, either financially or socially or both! – Ayokunmi Ajetunmobi, Clinical & Translational Research Scholar at Trinity College Dublin
– innovate in their activities and in [their] relationships with others, in order to create the atmosphere [for] great ideas [to] flourish – José Marcelino, Pousa, Quality, knowledge and Innovation Management at PT Inovação
– create new value in the world. – Geoff Marlow, Helping People in Organisations to Unblock, Unlock & Unleash Performance Leadership & Innovation
“… for innovation to prosper, one needs to create an ecosystem that understands risk, allows for failure and encourages creativity at every level including academia, government, companies and even the home.” – Excerpt from Innovation: How Innovators Think, Act and Change Our World interview with William Saito, President and CEO at Intecur, K.K.
“Already there is the determination to create new economies that empower local control and diversity, as they engage in the flattening world of the Global Digital Economy (GDE). It is certainly conspicuous in the increasing awareness of engaged citizens/endusers that, via systems such as social media and online participatory politics, there can be a transparency of, and control over, legislative issues as never before.” – Excerpt from the author’s essay, The State of the Nation Addressed: Taking Stock of How Things Stack Up, from Innovation: How Innovators Think, Act and Change Our World
If you would like to ‘have your say’, feel free to join in by:
- Sharing your thoughts below
- Clicking here to share them in the Innovation Excellence LinkedIn group forum!
image credit: Kim Chandler McDonald
Kim Chandler McDonald is author of Innovation: How Innovators Think, Act and Change Our World, as well as the Co-Founder and Flat World Navigator at KimmiC, a company specializing in leading edge innovations such as FlatWorld™ – digital technology that empowers endusers to easily capture, collaborate and capitalize on ideas, information and knowledge assets.